Sunday, January 3, 2010

Place continued....

I just completed my second session with Joe.

We were continuing to practice our new "place" trick, and started with a bit of a refresher. Joe started on his leash, and did so well that half way through I took it off him. He really does catch on fast. I guess I do need to remember that his is an "easy" trick. We'll really test Joes' intelligence later!

Despite the simplicity of this trick, I could not be happier with Joe's progress. He's such a great learner! After a bit we just practiced place by using voice and hand signals only. He's almost got it down. Now I'm just getting excited about what to teach him next! Good thing I have a whole book of tricks to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. Good going Joe! You have a loving and patient girl there, be nice and keep learning...

    ReplyDelete